Global Health College History
Global Health College (GHC) is a private higher education institution specializing in nursing located in Alexandria, Virginia. The college has prepared nursing professionals for successful nursing careers since 2004. The school has experienced substantial growth in students, programs, facilities, and employees in the last decade.
The college celebrated its 10th Anniversary in 2015 and moved to a new campus conveniently located just 10 minutes outside of Washington, D.C., easily accessible via Metro and major bus routes. The new facility was designed to enhance the students learning experience and consists of spacious interactive classrooms, comfortable student lounges with Wi-Fi, a comprehensive library complete with access to the most well recognized online nursing journals and books, and fully equipped nursing simulation labs.
The founder and president of the college, Mariatu Kargbo, is a successful entrepreneur and educator who believes in life-long learning and providing opportunity to all who seek a better life and fulfilling career path. Her passion for motivating and educating others to follow their dreams evolved into her own dream of starting a nursing school. Ms. Kargbo is a graduate of George Mason University where she received several degrees: a bachelor’s degree in marketing, a bachelor’s degree in nursing and a master’s degree in family practice nursing. She worked as a registered nurse in a medical surgical nursing unit and an Intensive Care Unit (ICU), and as a family nurse practitioner, all prior to founding Global Health College. Additionally, she received her law degree from Concord Law School.
Global Health College Mission
The mission of Global Health College is to prepare healthcare providers who are able to function effectively within the changing healthcare system and provide a high quality of patient care. Global Health College prepares its students to continue their career paths as critical thinkers and life-long learners. This commitment to our students and the nursing community is accomplished through the following objectives:
- Provide education and training leading to various healthcare professions
- Provide academic and support services to serve the needs of our students
- Provide a system of curriculum review to ensure appropriate and current programs for our students
- Provide the knowledge and skills to support students’ immediate employment goals
- Provide life-long career seeking skills for our graduates
- Provide an environment empowering our students and employees to reach their full potential in both their professional and personal lives
Why Attend Global Health College?
Your success is our priority…Global Health College focuses 100% on nursing education. The president and founder of the college is an advanced practice nurse who brings real-word experience to the teaching environment.
Attend Global Health College and you will:
- Receive hands-on training and clinical opportunities at some of the top hospitals and medical facilities in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area;
- Learn from quality instructors who are very knowledgeable in the nursing field;
- Be part of a vibrant, energetic community where students support each other and faculty and administrators are chosen for their skills and ability to impart knowledge from their diverse backgrounds and experience.