1. Admission Criteria
To reserve the rights of applicants, Global Health College does not discriminate against age, sexual preference, race, color, religion, gender, disability, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status or any other class protected by federal, state or local law. Written inquires regarding enrollment should be addressed to the office of Admissions: Global Health College: 20 South Quaker Lane, Suite 300, Alexandria, Virginia 22314.
Applicants are selected after review of all admission criteria, as referenced below. The final admission will be determined by the Nursing Program Director who will notify the applicant of the decision in writing of their admissions status.
2. Apply for Admission
- Complete an application. Fee – $70
- Successful completion of pre-entrance exam.
- National Criminal Background Check. (www.certifiedbackground.com) Fee – $50 for the state of VA. Additional county criminal searches are charged at $13.50 each ($18.75 for NY counties).
- Valid High School Diploma or GED. All foreign transcripts and/or degrees must be evaluated.
- Proof of CPR Certification
- 1 letter of recommendation
- Interview with the Admissions Committee
- Annual Physical Exam
- PPD (tuberculosis) screening – (Positive PPD needs negative chest x-ray)
- Annual flu vaccine
- Annual drug test
- Proof of MMR, Hepatitis B, Td and Varicella immunity
3. Apply for Financial Aid
Note: Currently available only to PN students who qualify
To apply for financial aid, each new and currently enrolled students must complete an annual Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Federal school code for GHC: 041400. To apply for the FAFSA, click below.
Financial Aid Programs: These include the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Subsidized Stafford Loans and Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loans
To qualify for financial aid, you must:
- Be enrolled in an eligible program of study
- Maintain satisfactory academic standing
- Not be in default on a federal educational loan
- Have U.S. citizenship
- Have permanent residency or refugee status
For questions and more information on financial aid, please contact the Global Health College Financial Aid Office.