Registered Nurse Program
1. Admission Criteria
To reserve the rights of applicants, Global Health College does not discriminate against age, sexual preference, race, color, religion, gender, disability, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status or any other class protected by federal, state or local law. Written inquires regarding enrollment should be addressed to the Office of Admissions: Global Health College: 6101 Stevenson Avenue, Alexandria, Virginia 22304.
Applicants are selected after review of all admission criteria, as referenced below. Final admission is determined by the Nursing Program Director who will notify the applicant of the decision in writing of their admissions status.
2. How to Apply for Admission
- Complete an application. Fee – $70
- Successful completion of pre-entrance exam – $86
- Writing sample given at GHC
- Proof of identification (Drivers license, passport or identification card)
- National Criminal Background Check. (www.coeusglobal.com/ghc) $41.00 – $45.00
- Physical Exam
- Must be at least 18 years of age to apply
- Valid High School Diploma, GED or college degree. All foreign transcripts and/or degrees must be evaluated
- 1 letter of recommendation (not from a family member)
- Interview with the Admissions Committee
- Please see our Requirements for Clinical Clearance
- Annual Physical Exam
- Proof of CPR Certification (only accepted certification is through American Heart Association)
- PPD (tuberculosis) screening – (Positive PPD needs negative chest x-ray)
- Annual flu vaccine
- Annual 10 panel Drug Test
- Proof of MMR, Hepatitis B and Varicella vaccinations and immunity (must have immunizations series completed and immunity proven through titers 2 weeks prior to the end of Fundamental Skills)
3. How to Apply for Financial Aid
Note: Currently available to RN students who qualify
To apply for financial aid, each new and currently enrolled students must complete an annual Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Our school code for GHC: 041400. To apply for the FAFSA, click below.
Financial Aid Programs include the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Subsidized Stafford Loans and Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loans
To qualify for financial aid, you must:
- Be enrolled in an eligible program of study
- Maintain satisfactory academic standing
- Not be in default on a federal educational loan
- Be a U.S. citizen or have permanent residency or refugee status
For questions and more information on financial aid, please contact the Global Health College Financial Aid Office at (703) 212-7410.