Welcome to Student Services
Students at Global Health College represent our diverse and rapidly changing world. Students bring a blend of professional and academic backgrounds to the college, which fosters a rich and diverse learning environment. Global Health College is committed to providing professionally delivered academic services that meet the needs of all of its students.
Student Services supports a positive learning experience by offering the following services:
- Providing Academic guidance
- Offering tutoring in subject areas
- Developing skills in workshops on various themes
- Assisting students with writing assignments, including research papers
- Modeling note-taking, exam preparation, goal setting, and time management
- Advocating for students individually and collectively
- Partnering with the Student Government Association and the Virginia Student Nurses Association
- Educating students about the college’s policies and procedures
- Facilitating the enrichment of the student experiences at Global Health College
Global Health College offers various workshops to enhance your student learning experience from both an academic and personal perspective. A sample of select workshops we offer include the following topics:
- Stress Management
- Study Skills
- Academic Writing, APA Formatting, and Avoiding Plagiarism Workshop
- Critical Thinking
- Test-taking Skills
- Resume Writing
Student Services strives to provide students with the best possible service to enhance their nursing education.
Global Health College provides writing support to all of its students at Global Health College’s Writing Center. The Writing Center serves as a resource for current students and alumni. Students can access the Writing Center at any stage of the writing process to ask questions, obtain help with brainstorming or outlining, or to get feedback on a draft of a writing assignment.
The Center offers the following services:
- One- on -one tutoring for all papers and presentations
- Assistance with proofreading and correcting grammatical errors
- Assistance with applying APA style to academic papers
Students are encouraged to make an appointment by calling (703)212-7410 x 1137. Walk-in appointments are also welcome, pending availability.
Global Health College offers tutoring services that are intended to provide reinforcement of learning skills to students. The college offers academic support to all students. Tutoring services are free and are offered in formats that are both flexible and personalized:
- Professor- or student-led tutoring sessions are offered on a one-on-one or group basis
- Disciplines include general education and nursing courses
- Tutoring times vary to meet the needs of students
To learn more about Global Health College’s Tutoring Services, contact Student Services at (703) 212-7410 ext. 1000.
Job Placement and Professional Development
Global Health College provides assistance with job placement to support current students and alumni. An individualized approach is used to facilitate appropriate placement based on training and the student’s career objective. The following placement services are offered:
- Draft and review resumes and cover letters
- Identify job opportunities at hospitals, nursing homes, hospice facilities, physicians’ offices, and home health care providers
- Assistance with interview skills, including mock interviews to practice before a real interview
Global Health College has fostered relationships with many healthcare facilities in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, including Maryland and Virginia, which provides graduates of the college a competitive edge with advancing their nursing careers.
Call (703) 212-7410 for information about Global Health College’s job placement and professional development services.
Disability Support for Students
Global Health College is committed to providing a quality education to all qualified students and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability. The student services department at Global Health College encompasses disability support services, established to serve as an advocate for Global Health College students with disabilities and ensure that reasonable accommodations are provided.
As a primary advocate for students with disabilities, the student services department works with faculty and staff to provide accommodations for the unique needs of students. By providing free support services to students with disabilities, students are afforded the opportunity to achieve their academic and personal goals.
Global Health College does not discriminate or deny access to an otherwise qualified student with a disability on the basis of a disability. However, students are responsible for communicating their needs to Student Services. Global Health College is not responsible for making special accommodations for students who have not requested an accommodation and adequately documented their disabilities.
Accommodations: Students with proper documentation will receive reasonable accommodations on a case-by-case basis. Accommodation types include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Testing accommodations
- Study skills workshops
- Academic tutoring
- Note-taking assistance
- Verbal communication and interaction skills
- Time-management skills
- Goal-setting skills
- Self-advocacy skills
- Stress reduction and self-management strategies
- Social judgment skills
- Referrals for other services
If you have a disability and are interested in applying for special accommodations, please click on the link below, fill out the form and submit to the Office of Student Services.
Click here to read more about our Disability Support Policies or fill out our Student Registration for Disabilities Form